Thursday, January 13, 2011

Assignment #9 if I had $100's

What is an ethical gift
Ethical gift is a gift you purchase for some one that really needs it and it will help them and change there life . That is what an ethical gift is to me .

If I had a $100

I am going to purchase my gifts from world vision because they have the largest selection of gift options , they have 99 gift options  and plan Canada has 42 gift options , the salvation army has 10 gift options , and Oxfam has 40 gift options. Any way the gifts I would purchase if I had $100`s are : educate a girl ,  buy five fruit trees , and  purchase a soft baby blanket . I would chose to educate a girl  for $60 because in most place`s girls have to stay home and do things around the house well the boys are at school I would purchase this gift because I want a girl to be able to go to school just like me . The purpose of this gift is for a girl to fulfill their dreams by being able to go to school . I also would chose to purchase five fruit tree`s for $30 because some family`s out there in the world do not have any food or  they have very little amount of food and by buying those five fruit trees it will let them be able to have plenty of fruit to eat . The purpose of those five fruit trees are they let a family or family's have food when they need it and they can also sell some of the fruit to other people for money . One last thing the fruit trees provide vitamin A and C so they are also very good for the families . The last thing I would buy that would total  it up to $100`s is a soft baby blanket  for a new born  , the blanket is $10 . I would by this gift because it lets a new born be able to have a blanket maybe like you when you were a baby . I picked three thing`s that totaled up to $100 . I  picked to purchase three things instead of one because it lets different people, and different families be able to have what they need for them , there children ,or there whole  family.


If you are interested in may be purchasing any  ethical gifts you can go to  http://www.plancanada.com/ , plan Canada has 42 gift options , there cheapest gift is a soft baby blanket for $10 and there most expensive gift is a water tower it is  $25,0000.00 . Also you could go on http://www.salvationarmy.com/ they have 10 gift options the cheapest gift option is a miscellaneous for  $10.00 ,there most expensive gift is a adult literacy it is $200.00. Another website you could go on is http://www.oxfam.com/ they have 40 gift options there cheapest gift is three bags of seeds for $12.00 and there most of expensive won is a disaster preparedness for $1300 . One more website you could check out is http://www.worldvision.com/ they have 99 gift options there cheapest one is school supplies for one child that is $25.00 and there most of expensive gift is nutrition and health for 2,500 young children in Zambia and there is another one for children in Ghana they are both $16, 250 .

No comments: